North Valley Hospital is pleased to be partnering with area school systems to bring a variety of health services to for students and school staff.
The Columbia Falls High School/North Valley Hospital School Based Health Clinic began providing a full range of services to students on Tuesday, September 20th. The Clinic is provided through collaboration between North Valley Hospital, The North Valley Professional Center in Columbia Falls, North Valley Behavioral Health and Columbia Falls High School.
The School-Based Health Clinic (SBHC) is a health center based in the school that provides students and staff with medical, wellness, and health education services. School-based health centers work to improve the health of students, increase access to healthcare and decrease time lost from school by providing healthcare in the school.
Services provided include:
- acute care for illness or injury
- physical exams and sports physicals
- health education
- follow-up for chronic illnesses
- behavioral health services through North Valley Behavioral Health including tele-behavioral health. Tele-behavioral health is made possible through a grant awarded by the Montana Healthcare Foundation.
To enroll to participate in the Columbia Falls School Based Health Clinic contact Nurse Cathy Dragonfly at 892-6510.
- General Healthcare = Tuesdays and Thursdays 12:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Behavioral Health Services: Initial visit at North Valley Professional Center with follow-up visits available in the school by appointment on Tuesdays.
School-Based Health Clinic Providers from North Valley Professional Center: