Welcome to North Valley Hospital where your health and care is our top priority. We believe that family and friends can assist in our patient’s healing process; therefore, we have a liberal, 24-hour visitation policy. However, patient comfort and rest are our primary concern. Visitors may need to be restricted to meet this goal.
Many planned hospital visits involve having a lot of questions about your stay. We are happy to assist you in any way possible to reduce your anxiety. Call 863-3500 and we can direct you to the appropriate department. For your convenience, our room rates are incurred from midnight to midnight for every patient. You will be charged the first day’s stay and not the last. During your stay, your well-being is very important to our staff, and we expect all our patients to receive exceptional care. In consideration to our gratuity policy, we ask that you refrain from providing tips and gifts of significant value to our employees. Rather, we would appreciate that your gratitude is expressed in a letter to the staff, recommending our services to your friends and family, or making a donation to our foundation.
What to bring to a hospital is a typical common question. As a general guideline, we strongly encourage you to leave all money, jewelry and other valuables at home, or send them home if you have been brought to us in an emergency. North Valley Hospital cannot be responsible or liable for loss or damage to personal belongings. The following list may help you to prepare for your visit to North Valley Hospital:
Important papers you MUST have:
- Medical insurance cards
- Photo ID
- Name and address of employer
- Name, address and telephone number of closest family member
- List of all medications you are currently taking
- Advance Directive (Living Will) and Durable Power of Attorney
You may WANT to bring:
- Nightwear, robe, rubber-soled slippers (hospital gowns and slippers are available)
- Personal toiletries (makeup, razor, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, dentures, etc.)
- Reading materials and your address book
- Phone calling card
For children, you may WANT to bring:
- Comfortable nightclothes (child-size gowns are available)
- A few special toys
- Coloring books, crayons, books, etc.