Located at the north end of the inpatient hallway, the Special Care Unit (SCU) provides a quiet, healing environment for higher acuity patients. Registered nurses with advanced levels of training provide care for patients who have a variety of illnesses including: Chest pain, heart failure, diabetic emergencies and pneumonia. The SCU provides heart and vital sign monitoring using a state-of-the-art system that can be viewed hospital wide to allow patients’ whose conditions have improved increased levels of activity. We also offer short-term ventilator management under the direction of the Respiratory Therapy Department.
The Special Care Unit houses four large, private patient rooms offering windows facing a spectacular mountain view. As a patient at North Valley Hospital we welcome your family and friends into your temporary home 24 hours a day, seven days a week to bring you the support and joy you need to heal quickly.
Planetree – Making your stay as enjoyable as possible:
- Warm, comfortable surroundings with spacious rooms, warm colors, original artwork, and a quiet, carpeted hallway.
- Daybed in each patient room that can be used as an oversized window seat during the day and converted in the evening for a loved one to spend the night.
- Desk with cable television and DVD player.
- Wireless Internet.
- Family Refreshment Stations with hot and cold beverages and snacks. The stations have a refrigerator and microwave if you would like to bring your own refreshments.
- Massage Therapy Program.
- Fresh baked cookies made right in the patient hallway providing a warm aroma and a delicious treat (if diet allows).
- Acupuncture available with a Hospitalist or physician’s referral.
- Health Resources Library located in main corridor of the hospital.
- Patient Pet Visitation – We welcome your own dog to visit during your stay for your comfort and enjoyment. Pets must be well behaved and leashed or in a carrier. Ask you nurse for more information.
- Live, harp music.
- Delicious and nutritious food – you’ll be delighted by the range and quality of our offerings. It’s not your typical hospital food! Cuisine-on-Call is also available for patients and guests on weekends and afterhours.
Special Care Unit Nurses’ Station: